After knitting what seemed to be the longest edging EVA, this shawl moved along nicely. It helped that the knitting started out with the most amount of stitches. By the time I got to the garter stitch section it felt like I was running down a mountain.
My only modification was doing the Island chart a few more times than written. After seeing the finished shawls on Ravelry I just felt it would look more balanced with a larger section. I ended up doing 9 repeats before the garter stitch section. I think it looks pretty damn good.
Oh and the silk is gorgeous.
I'm so happy that Project Spectrum pushed me to make this! Bring on June!