just a little play time before we begin:
Hitchhiker: You heard of this thing, the 8-Minute Abs?
Ted: Yeah, sure, 8-Minute Abs. Yeah, the excercise video.
Hitchhiker: Yeah, this is going to blow that right out of the water. Listen to this: 7... Minute... Abs.
Ted: Right. Yes. OK, all right. I see where you're going.
Hitchhiker: Think about it. You walk into a video store, you see 8-Minute Abs sittin' there, there's 7-Minute Abs right beside it. Which one are you gonna pick, man?
Ted: I would go for the 7.
Hitchhiker: Bingo, man, bingo. 7-Minute Abs. And we guarantee just as good a workout as the 8-minute folk.
Ted: You guarantee it? That's - how do you do that?
Hitchhiker: If you're not happy with the first 7 minutes, we're gonna send you the extra minute free. You see? That's it. That's our motto. That's where we're comin' from. That's from "A" to "B".
Ted: That's right. That's - that's good. That's good. Unless, of course, somebody comes up with 6-Minute Abs. Then you're in trouble, huh?
Hitchhiker: No! No, no, not 6! I said 7. Nobody's comin' up with 6. Who works out in 6 minutes? You won't even get your heart goin, not even a mouse on a wheel.
Ted: That - good point.
Hitchhiker: 7's the key number here. Think about it. 7-Elevens. 7 doors. 7, man, that's the number. 7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea. It's like you're dreamin' about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.
Hitchhiker: 'Cause you're fuckin' fired!
So I've been tagged by Suzeq with the 7 things meme and judging from my bloglines this meme is spreading as fast as Mono in High School. I've definitely done this before but what's another 7 weird or (is it random?) things about me.
1. I have this talent (or perhaps a curse) to turn pretty much anything I hear into a song. Not an original song by any means but one of the songs that has been databased in my head - which happen to be many! I do it a lot with names ("Sweet Melissa" or "I see my Marianne walking away" - points to those who know the songs I'm quoting!) and almost always with phrases. I constantly hear, "do you honestly hvae a song for everything!?"
Everything is everything. The more I talk about it, the less I do control.
- Phonix (6 Feet Under Soundtrack, Vol. 2)....
So Yes, I do.
2. I have this kinship with Julia Louis Dryfus. Not only have I been called "Elaine" on many occasions, all starting in college, BUT she has played the character Margo from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. A quote that almost right after I meet someone (usually drunk) they like to say. Usually it follows any question I might ask and their reply is always, "I don't KNOW, Margo!"
3. I have walked into street signs and gotten my hair caught in a vaccum. I do not shy away from having seriously comedic embarrasing moments. I'm just That Girl.
4. I love superheros. It probably started when I was younger and read any of my brother's vast collection of comic books. His favorites were Batman and the Wolverine. I of course loved them all and often pretended to be an Xmen (remember my X themed meme?). I watched Season 1 of Smallville religiously (now I just can't bare to watch... Lana married to Lex, whaaa!?). I went to the opening of Spiderman and I now watch the show Heros (very much like Xmen don't you think - the humans vs. mutants). I always wish I had a super power, of course flying is nice as well as having superhuman strength or a fantastic and powerful laso, but the one power I wish I had was the ablity to stop time. This probably explains my affinity to Hiro and Evie.
5. My favorite drink is a Gin and Tonic with lime. Although nowadays I find myself drinking a lot of red wine, preferable Cab Sav. (You also know my feelings about Veuve)
6. I am the admissions director for my old high school - a fact that I'm sure I've shared on older occasions but one that always has and always will remain such a random career choice for me. I never in my life thought I would be here doing what I do. Then again I didn't really want to be a doctor or a laywer either. It just solidfies my faith in karma, the holy spirit, Buddah, fate, destiny or whatever you'd like to call that which may lead us.
7. My boyfriend and I will be celebrating our nine year anniversary this June. Yes that's right, "nine". I like to say it with the voice of Principal Rooney when he explains to Mrs. Bueller that Feris indeed has been absent, "Nineee Times". Has it really been that long?